SAN FRANCISCO WATERFRONT SEAWALL, CALIFORNIA
CONTUINING AUTHORITIES PROGRAM, SECTION 103
PROJECT LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION
The waterfront sea wall is located along the San Francisco Bay Embarcadero in San Francisco, CA. The seawall is approximately four miles long, running from the foot of Jones Street on the north to the mouth of China Basin. Portions of the seawall reside within a few hundred feet of San Francisco's downtown financial district. Recent inspections along the waterfront have revealed portions of the seawall in need of repair. The study area is also at risk from coastal flooding, and the risk will increase over time as the sea level rises. The study would investigate feasible alternatives to reduce coastal storm damage risk to public and private infrastructure from erosion.
TOTAL COST $ 7,538,000
FEDERAL COST $ 4,815.000
NON-FEDERAL COST $ 2,723,000
TOTAL FEDERAL COST THROUGH 2020 $ 565,000
FY 2020 BUDGET $ 0
FY 2021 BUDGET $ 0
COST TO COMPLETE $ 4,250,000
FY 20 ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Complete work on Federal Interest Determination
- Execute FCSA and continue feasibility analysis.
FY 21 ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- The study was put on hold (deferred) at the request of the sponsor in order to focus on completing the larger General Investigations study that was awarded in FY18 – the San Francisco Waterfront Storm Risk Management study.
FY 22 ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- None expected. Study expected to still be deferred while the NFS and the Corps continue work on the GI study.
ISSUES AND OTHER INFORMATON
- The Port of San Francisco is the NFS.
- This study received funds via the Corps FY13, FY14, and FY15 Work Plan.
- This study has been deferred at the request of the NFS. Work is underway on the GI study in the same area.
- 12TH District, Rep. Pelosi
POINT OF CONTACT
- Deputy for Project Management, Edwin S. Townsley, (415) 503-6593.
Updated on 17 January 2020
Click Map to Zoom In