The Corps holds a monthly Interagency Meeting on the second Thursday of every month for potential applicants to receive feedback on upcoming projects.
We invite representatives from local, state and federal agencies to attend so that they may hear a project presentation from the applicant and offer feedback on the project as proposed.
Prospective applicants can request that their project be included in the next interagency meeting via phone, fax, email or mail.
Things to consider when requesting inclusion in an interagency meeting:
- Is the project ready and does it warrant review?
- What kind of feedback are you looking for?
- Which agencies you would like to have present?
- Do you have specific questions to be answered or do you want to discuss general permitting requirements?
- Are you aware of any sensitive issues that need to be addressed by/for specific agencies?
- Do you have enough information prepared to discuss those issues?
To add a project to the schedule, we will need a project summary containing the following information:
- Project name
- The applicant and agent, including contact info
- USACE file number (if one has been assigned)
- Brief project description
- Project location and map, including lat/long
- Brief history of the site
- Description of the surrounding area
- Reason for the project
- Any alternatives being considered
- Any known controversies about the project
- Proposed mitigation for unavoidable impacts (can be tentative)
To ensure enough time for agency feedback, presentation should be no longer than 25-30 minutes in length.
The project summary must be less than 10MB in size and submitted as a PDF to either scheduling contact via email. The project summary must be received no later than close of business (5:00 p.m.) two weeks before the scheduled meeting. If we do not receive the project summary by this due date, the project will not be added to the meeting agenda. This date is firm because the various local, state and federal agencies invited to the meeting need time to review the documents prior to the meeting date.
Questions and/or comments about the Interagency Meeting should be directed to Bert Ho (415-503-6808 or email@example.com) or Myla Ablog (415-503-6732 or firstname.lastname@example.org).