Steps to Doing Business with the Corps:
1. Register in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) database. (See below) To compete for a contract to do work for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, you must first register in the system.
2. Find information on available contracts through the Electronic Bid Solicitation Web site: https://www.fbo.gov
3. Complete the appropriate forms from the General Services Administration (GSA) and return them to the Chief, Contracting Division of the district or office in which you are interested.
4. Visit the web site for the division, district, or Laboratory with which you desire to do business in order to learn about the missions and the types of services/supplies each procures.
5. If you have a small or disadvantaged business, contact the Corps of Engineers Deputy for Small Business in the location of interest to you to discuss your firm's capabilities, interest and capacities to perform.
The Department of Defense (DoD) has established a Central Contractor Registration (CCR) database to facilitate doing business with DoD activities. This database will act as a repository of information on all companies who are currently seeking to do business with DoD.
To alleviate the potential for missed valuable business opportunities, it is MANDATORY that all vendors be registered under the CCR program. Those vendors who are not registered will not be awarded DoD contracts.
Registrations entered via the CCR website are processed in 24-48 hours and notified via email when active.
To register in the CCR Program database, select from the following options:
•If you are EDI-capable through a DoD-certified Value-Added Network (VAN), you can register using an 838 (Trading Partner Profile) transaction set (this is the recommended route for EDI-capable companies and is the quickest and easiest method)
•You can register on-line by completing an electronic questionnaire at the CCR Web site: http://www.ccr.gov/
•Registration applications and information packets may be obtained by calling the DoD CCR Assistance Center:
CCR Assistance Center
74 Washington Avenue, N. Suite 7
Battle Creek, MI 49017-3084